This post is part of the series, The Ultimate Guide To Being A Wedding Photographer — advice for running a successful wedding photography biz. Click here to view a list of all the posts in this series.
This week I’ve been been sharing how important it is to have a blog for your wedding photography (or any creative) business. I’ve told you why they are an invaluable part of your marketing strategy, as well as how to blog for success.
The main thing to remember is that you need to be blogging for your Ideal Client. Think of a blog post as a personal letter to them. This makes it easier to write, and also gives your writing more personality (it’s the difference between writing a college essay, and emailing your bff!).
Since you’ve already filled out the free Ideal Client Avatar worksheet I made for you — and you know who your Ideal Client is, you should have no problem coming up with ideas for blog post topics.
But, just in case you’re feeling stuck, I’ve created a list of 39 blog posts you can start working on right now:
- Wedding Gown Trends
- Bridesmaids Dress Trends
- Wedding Accessory Trends
- Groom Attire Trends
- What To Wear As A Wedding Guest (Seasonal Ideas)
- Engagement Ring Styles
- Wedding Band Styles
Networking With Other Vendors
- Series: Venue Photo Tours & Interview
- Interview: Jewelry Store – Picking The Perfect Ring
- Interview: Bridal Salon – Tips For Wedding Dress Shopping
- Interview: Florist – Best Flowers By Season
- Interview: Caterer – How To Choose Your Reception Meal
- Interview: DJ/Band – How To Plan The Perfect Reception
- Interview: Planner – Tips For Planning Your Perfect Day
- Why You Need Engagement Photos
- Engagement Photo Wardrobe Ideas
- Why You Need An Album
- Advice For Choosing The Perfect Photos For Your Album
- Why You Need To Print Your Photos
- How To Securely Store Your Wedding Images
- How To Get Photos You Love
- The Perfect Wedding Day Timeline
- Planning For Family Formals
- Planning For Perfect Detail Shots
- Planning For Sunset Portraits
- Reasons To Do A Bridal Session
- Tips For Planning Your BFFs Bachelorette Party (for the Maid of Honor)
- Tips For The Perfect Honeymoon
- How To Put Together The Perfect Welcome Kit For Guests
- Planning Tips For Your Rehearsal Dinner
- What To Wear To Your Rehearsal Dinner
- What To Wear To Your Bridal Shower
- How To Write The Perfect Thank You Card
- How To Make Your House A Home – Tips For Decorating For Both Your Styles
- Series: Date Night Ideas
- Tips For Writing Your Own Vows
- Ideas For The Perfect Wedding Gift For Your Groom
- Series: Color/Style Inspiration Boards (from previous weddings you’ve shot)
- Wedding Advice From Former Clients
So, no more worrying that you don’t have anything to blog about, right? Ready to start writing??
Which post idea is your favorite? Let me know in a comment below — and share a link when you write it!